#NowHiring: Social and Communications Contractor
Hello 👋 ,
we’re Chicago Ventures, a venture capital firm that leads investment in early-stage startups (you may recognize companies in our portfolio like Cameo, project44, SpotHero and G2). We’re hiring a part-time Social and Communications Contractor to work alongside our Partner Lindsay Knight. This is a paid role that can also be positioned as an internship for an undergraduate or graduate student. It will require up to 20 hours/month.
🙋♀️ An ideal candidate
is someone with 1-5 years experience working in marketing, content and communications (either full-time or through an internship); who has demonstrated interest in venture capital and/or startups; and who can make at least a 1-year commitment to the role. The role is virtual, so we’re open to candidates in any location. (Please note that this won’t turn into a full-time role at Chicago Ventures, but can be a great stepping stone for another venture firm or startup!)
✅ Candidates should:
- Show expertise using social media for business, especially Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Have a keen eye for design (though no formal design skills necessary).
- Have experience in Mailchimp.
- Be responsive, resourceful and creative.
- Be an eagle-eyed editor, catch typos and triple check everything.
- Love deadlines.
- Be able to commit to at least 1-year in this role.
✅ Regular deliverables will include:
- Press Tracking: weekly, create a report of portfolio companies and Chicago Ventures team members in the news. (2 hours / week)
- Social: Craft Tweets, LinkedIn and Instagram posts using using some evergreen content, and some real-time content. (2 hours / week)
- Monthly Newsletter: Create and send our quarterly Chicago Ventures newsletter. (5 hours / every 3 months)
✅ Ad hoc deliverables could include:
- Website Updates: Work within WordPress to update the CV website as needed (ie, adding new portfolio companies, adding content).
- Other Email Communications: Creation of hoc communications.
- Content: Creation of additional content pieces.
Applications will be open through Monday, May 2 at 5pm CT. Interviews will be conducted the week of May 9. This role has an anticipated start date of Tuesday, May 24. (We have some flexibility in this start date.)
📥 To apply,
you can fill out our application here.
Chicago Ventures prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, ability status, family or parental status, and age.
April 11, 2022